Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: After few minutes I cant grab/move any point on sketch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kondziorf
1929 Views, 2 Replies

Problem: After few minutes I cant grab/move any point on sketch

It goes f.e. like this:

I draw a line (no constrains) and I can move it by grabing an end or whole line by click&hold mouse button, great.

But after couple minutes of work with part and sketches I can't grab anything. Even on new created sketches and new lines. Click and drag just open rectangle selection. Oh, between these phases there is a phase when 2nd click&hold works...

When I open/create another part it is normall, but this one I must close and open again. I have no idea what it is and havent found similar problem. Anyone?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: kondziorf

Is this a new installation or has Inventor been installed on this machine for some time.

If older install, check for any updates or hotfixes for Windows or device drivers. You may need to go back to a older system restore point.

If a new install OS version and IV version and system spec's

You may need to do a repair of Inventor or a un-install and re-install of IV following installation procedures.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
t_stramr
in reply to: kondziorf

Before reinstalling whole inventor try one of the command line switches that are available for Inventor exe.

Command line help

IMPORTCUSTOMIZATIONS - Import customization settings from a specified XML file

IMPORTOPTIONS - Import application options from a specified XML file

IMPORTRIBBONCUSTOMIZATIONS - Import Ribbon customization settings from a specified XML file

INSTALL - installs all required registry settings

LANGUAGE - Launch with a specified available language pack

NOSTARTUPCOMMAND - Don''t open a file or create a new one on start up. Often used with RunTextCommandFile

RUNTEXTCOMMANDFILE:<FILENAME> - Runs a file containing text commands. Can be combined with NoStartCommand

UNINSTALL - removes all registry settings, resulting in a loss of user preferences

UNREGISTER - unregisters, so that the product will reregister on next invocation, preserving user preferences.

I suggest "Inventor.exe /INSTALL" to refresh your registry settings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report