Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to Adobe PDF with "Remove Object Line Weights" Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
christiaan.bowen
1885 Views, 8 Replies

Printing to Adobe PDF with "Remove Object Line Weights" Problem

Hello, I am runnning Inventor 2013 Professional 64 bit.  When I print to an Adobe PDF I have selected "Remove object line weights".  The problem I am experiencing is that the result is the same whether it is checked or not.  The result I would expect is that the object line weights won't display on the pdf.  Does anyone have any other suggestions that I could try?  Thanks very much.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

When using R2013 to export IDW to PDF with "Remove Object Line Weights" selected, it works fine for me. So could you attach the dataset for more investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 9

River, I have a dataset ready for you and I have tried to post it but can't due to a file size restriction.  The dataset zipped is about 13.8 MB.  Can you provide another location for me to post it to? - Christiaan

Message 4 of 9
mpatchus
in reply to: christiaan.bowen

Are you "EXPORTING" to pdf or "PRINTING"?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 9
christiaan.bowen
in reply to: mpatchus

I am printing to pdf.  The reason is because I have an Excel spreadsheet embedded.  The spreadsheet is unreadable if I export to pdf.  If I print to pdf the spreadsheet is very clear and is searchable.

Message 6 of 9

Thank you to prepare the dataset, and please send me your email and name. So we could provide one location to you to upload the dataset. When the location is ready, one email will be sent to you for details.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 7 of 9

christiaan.bowen@tibban.com

Message 8 of 9
stevecb2
in reply to: christiaan.bowen

What was the solution? I'm having a similar problem. I'm using Inventor 13 and trying to print .idw's to pdf with best fit and object line weights removed. Scale is typically .06 to .30.  Inventor isn't removing the line weights, so instead of nice clear thin lines I'm getting some thick dark ones. Didn't have this problem with earlier versions of Inventor.

Message 9 of 9
christiaan.bowen
in reply to: stevecb2

Steve, I posed the problem to Subscription Help and they are investigating the problem now. Currently I am waiting for a response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report