Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print drawings from a VBA script

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pball
3316 Views, 5 Replies

Print drawings from a VBA script

I've searched for this a bit and didn't find anything that helped me much. So I'm mostly wondering how possible it is to print drawings using a VBA script. I'm interested in forcing print size and the best fit setting.

So if anyone has links or some code to share I would most appreciate it. Searching for printing/plotting yields more results about saving to dwg/pdf than printing to paper.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brendan.henderson
in reply to: pball

Here is a link to a macro I posted previously. Read the caveats and subsequent posts-it's not perfect but it works.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Printing-all-drawings-of-an-assembly-f...

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 6
pball
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Thanks I'll take a look at it.

Message 4 of 6
mrattray

I have one I use that's intended to be run from an idw. It prompts asking if you would like to print the current sheet or all sheets and for number of copies, forcing all other settings. I wrote it because Inventor doesn't play well with our document center and the switching between 11x17 and 8.5x11.

Let me know if you want me to post up the code.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
pball
in reply to: mrattray

mrattray that would be most appreciated. That's exactlly what I'm looking to do. Well that and throw in a loop to do multiple drawings in a batch.
Message 6 of 6
mrattray

Code attached. Copy/paste the text file contents into your application project and use file/import file to bring in the .frm file. I'm honestly not sure what the frx file is, but Inventor outputs it when I export the form. I use a template level ilogic rule to call the macro.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report