Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
DocGreen
Message 1 of 6 (100 Views)

Previous Drawing Show in Later Drawings (without being visible)

100 Views, 5 Replies
09-24-2012 11:37 AM

Why do some drawings show in later drawings even through I have them set to invisible? I cannot find a consistent reason and the only way to "fix" it seems to be to delete the old drawing and redo it.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 6 (96 Views)

Re: Previous Drawing Show in Later Drawings (without being visible)

09-24-2012 11:41 AM in reply to: DocGreen

Can you post a "drawing" that exhibits this behavior?

I read this several times and still don't understand the problem statement.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Contributor
DocGreen
Message 3 of 6 (94 Views)

09-24-2012 11:44 AM in reply to: JDMather

Unfortunately, I cannot.

If you have a part with 10 drawings ordered 1 - 10, drawing 3 may be visible in all later drawings save the newest (4 - 10). At the same time, the curves from drawing 4 don't exibit the same behavior. Having curves visible is expected when the drawing is visible, but why does the behavior occur when the drawing is not visible? I am using the student edition.

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 4 of 6 (83 Views)

09-24-2012 12:17 PM in reply to: DocGreen

I think you need to review the terms you're using, I don't think you are using the term "drawing" correctly. A drawing refers to an .idw (or Inventor .dwg) file. "Parts" are .ipt files. Assemblies are .iam files.

I also doubt you are using the term "curve" correctly.

If I'm wrong and you do know the correct terminology than a better explanation, maybe with pictures, is going to be needed. I don't think anyone is understanding your problem statement.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Contributor
DocGreen
Message 5 of 6 (80 Views)

09-24-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: mrattray
Ok, by "inventor" terms I mean sketch.
Contributor
DocGreen
Message 6 of 6 (75 Views)

09-24-2012 12:31 PM in reply to: mrattray

If you have a part file with 10 sketches ordered 1 - 10, sketch 3 may be visible in all later sketches (4 - 10) save the newest, but sketch 3 is always kept "invisible." At the same time, the curves from sketch 4 don't exibit the same behavior. Having curves visible is expected when the sketch is visible, but why does the behavior occur when the sketch is not visible? I am using the student edition.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube