Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure vessel

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4962 Views, 13 Replies

Pressure vessel

Hello to all:
It wanted to know yours opinion on the design of pressure vesel with Inventor. If some of you works or has worked in this subject, to know to me that interest has Inventor for the design of pressure apparatuses.
Gracias

!Perdon por la mala traduccion¡
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I use Inventor for this, we design a lot of pressure vessels and tube heat exchangers. If you look at the master sketch approach you will find this to be good for this kind of work. If your pressure vessels are very basic with just a shell and a few nozzles it probably is faster to do in Autocad, but we have a lot of pipes and components inside the vessels, so we need to see this in 3D as we design. We did this in Mechanical Desktop previous, but Inventor is far superior for this purpose. Regards, Jorgen Alvaro Peinado" wrote in message news:5961912.1088672328539.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello to all: > It wanted to know yours opinion on the design of pressure vesel with Inventor. If some of you works or has worked in this subject, to know to me that interest has Inventor for the design of pressure apparatuses. > Gracias > > !Perdon por la mala traduccion¡
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Indeed, made ours they are simple, heat exchangers of tubes of pressure, columns, etc. Also my question to the implantation of these products in complete industriles plants.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

We also use Inventor for that. You don't wan't to include i.e. all the tubes or tubesheets though as this will get Inventor to its knees if too many. We use representation (flat plate) for tubesheets and create the hole pattern in 2D autocad. We don't extrude the tubes either in 3D, just add a custom part in partslist i.e. For piping and the rest of the process we have been using Inventor up to now, I feel this is not optimal for routing. You might wan't to check out Inventor Professional for this (allthough I feel it has too many shortcommings, you might find it ok) We will probably have others do the routing for us or do it ourself in autocad 3D for future projects. (then import to Inventor for creation of arrangement etc.) Regards, Jorgen "Alvaro Peinado" wrote in message news:24135295.1088676257449.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Indeed, made ours they are simple, heat exchangers of tubes of pressure, columns, etc. Also my question to the implantation of these products in complete industriles plants.
Message 5 of 14
erbrown

I have only done on very special vessel with a steam coil. Worked great for me.

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I have a client who is using Inventor to design his equipment. I've also made an Ipart of an elliptical head with all the parameters being driven by the id. the id is entered, it has a selectable list of thicknesses and materials. "Alvaro Peinado" wrote in message news:5961912.1088672328539.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello to all: > It wanted to know yours opinion on the design of pressure vesel with Inventor. If some of you works or has worked in this subject, to know to me that interest has Inventor for the design of pressure apparatuses. > Gracias > > !Perdon por la mala traduccion¡
Message 7 of 14
Sschram

Hello all,

I'm a designer for a custom fabrication shop in NC. We build pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers, etc. We use 2D AutoCAD for our design drawing/fab prints. I've been looking into the 3D route. If any of you can help me in anyway it would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Steve

Sschram@wardtank.com

Message 8 of 14
dcaldwell

We produce  vessel drawings entirely in Inventor and are developing systems to help automate the process . My concept is to start with an excel spreadsheet that identies and locates every component . It is a work in progress.

Message 9 of 14
Sschram

Hows the automation working out?

Message 10 of 14
dcaldwell
in reply to: Sschram

Our automation systems are developing, slowly. We have sorted the automated seismic design for determining hold down details and tank wall thicknesses in accordance with the NZSEE latest code for tank design. David Caldwell Wellman Associates Ltd Consulting Mechanical Engineers Ph 06 278 4927 M 021 02508942 24 Nelson St Hawera 4610 New Zealand
Message 11 of 14
ag
Participant

hello,

we are starting doing pressure vessels in Inventor. only my boss wants to have a top view with all nozzle angles and a "front view" were all nozzles are on the side of the tank so you can you can dimension the height and length from the centerline of the tanks(so all nozzles are vissible). btw our pressure vessels are always vertical. I dont want to make for every pressure vessel an extra assembly with all nozzles on the side. are there any other solutions?

thanks in advance

Gr Arthur Geelen

Message 12 of 14
Mario428
in reply to: ag

@AG wrote:

hello,

we are starting doing pressure vessels in Inventor. only my boss wants to have a top view with all nozzle angles and a "front view" were all nozzles are on the side of the tank so you can you can dimension the height and length from the centerline of the tanks(so all nozzles are vissible). btw our pressure vessels are always vertical. I dont want to make for every pressure vessel an extra assembly with all nozzles on the side. are there any other solutions?

thanks in advance

Gr Arthur Geelen

I would use a position representation.

Get all the nozzles into place correctly but ensure you use an angle constraint on the ones you want to move around.

Pick the side with a view of the most nozzles, create a postional representation and move the hidden nozzles into view overriding your angle constraint.

No extra parts and a click of a mouse button in your IDW file

Message 13 of 14
ag
Participant
in reply to: Mario428

thank you very much.

i made a representation for a nozzle and now my holes in the shell will not change with the nozzle. if I change the nozzle by hand (change the angle constrain) the hole in the shell will change with the nozzle. how can i make the hole change with the nozzle by representation change?

hole is made according a copy object surface (associative is on) and that sculpt away.

thanks in advance

Gr Arthur Geelen

Message 14 of 14
Mario428
in reply to: ag

@AG wrote:

thank you very much.

i made a representation for a nozzle and now my holes in the shell will not change with the nozzle. if I change the nozzle by hand (change the angle constrain) the hole in the shell will change with the nozzle. how can i make the hole change with the nozzle by representation change?

hole is made according a copy object surface (associative is on) and that sculpt away.

thanks in advance

Gr Arthur Geelen

I figured that would happen if you used your nozzles to create adaptive holes in your shell.

A positional representation is just that, moving positions around, becaue it will not upate or save in that postion means it will not update your holes.

I have to ask why you would need the hole to move around? You are merely doing this to get a drawing view that shows the relative height of the nozzles in your vessel. It is a "False View" and as such does not need the holes to update.

Create your positional rep, put it on your IDW sheet, turn hidden lines off and dimension the heights of nozzles as required. Make very very clear that it is a "False View" to avoid confusion in manufacturing.

We are making towers now that use false views to show the location of components and it creates more confusion then anything else. Showing hidden lines and using them is better for all concerned

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report