Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentations issue

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
vonchillis
311 Views, 11 Replies

Presentations issue

We have loaded Inventor 2015 and are having a problem with presentations. When we are in a presentation and just start selecting parts without being in a command, inventor will lock up for like 15-20 seconds. Then it will clear until you select another component and then it will lock up again. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: vonchillis

Hi! The behavior does not sound right. Does it happen to any IPN file you have or just some specific files? Could you share the files with me?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 12
vonchillis
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the reply! It happens with all presentation files. We still have a system that has 2013 on it that works fine that I am having IT load 2015 on to see if it has the same issue. We think it might be our network but haven’t pinned down the cause yet.
Message 4 of 12

vonchillis,

If you think it could be a network issue, I would test it out by doing a pack and go on your assembly and then saving that copy locally.  Try to create the IPN from that file and see if you experience the same lag issues.  At least we can try to eliminate one of the possibilities.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 12

I actually have tried the PACK AND GO already and it still does the same thing???
Message 6 of 12

vonchillis,

The Pack and Go should eliminate the potential for network issues, at least from a file access standpoint.  Are you using Inventor locally and not through some kind of network location?  Do you experience any lag when editing part, assembly or drawing files?  I can't remember from your previous post, are other users experiencing the same issues?

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 7 of 12

We use Inventor locally. There is a little lag while editing drawings. It just seems to be when using a presentation for a drawing view. When working with AIM files it’s ok. We have 4 licenses but only using 2 at this time and both systems seem to have the exact same issue. We are still in the process of loading Inventor on a third system to see if it happens again.
Message 8 of 12

vonchillis,

Just be sure when loading Inventor onto the new system, that you follow the Autodesk guidelines for installation.  I have seen some interesting behavior when the installation doesn't work out well.  Here is a generic summary of the steps that you want to take:

1.  Set UAC to never notify

2.  Make sure the user doing the installation has full administrative rights on the computer

3.  Disable all Anti-Virus prior to the installation

4.  Clear out the temp folder (click on Windows Start menu and type in %temp%.  Select all the files and delete the ones that you are able to)

If the third computer is having the same problem, then I would definitely get those files to Autodesk to see if there is something going on there.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 9 of 12

Third computer works fine. And the presentation file I created with it works fine. But when I open it with my computer, it locks.
Message 10 of 12

vonchillis,

Glad to hear that the third computer is up and running.  There must be something going crazy on your system.  Try having a different user log onto your computer and perform the same actions that you are taking and see if they experience the lag.  If they do, then there is something goofy on your system.  If they don't experience any lag, then your Windows profile could be corrupted.  I have seen strange issues when the Windows profile gets corrupted.

If your profile is the culprit, then have your IT rebuild your profile.

If the system is the culprit, you should try performing a repair install through the control panel, programs and features.  If that doesn't work, you may have to completely uninstall Inventor and reinstall it with the steps that I shared previously.  Sometimes starting from scratch can be faster than spending lots of time troubleshooting.  I will share a link below on how to completely uninstall Inventor from your system.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Link to Complete Inventor Uninstall

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 11 of 12

So we tried logging in with someone else’s profile and it worked. So we wiped my profile and recreated it and we seem to be working now!!!! Thanks for all the help!!!!
Message 12 of 12

So we tried logging in with someone else’s profile and it worked. So we wiped my profile and recreated it and we seem to be working now!!!!

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report