Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presentation part visibility in Sequences

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nnmithani
1509 Views, 2 Replies

Presentation part visibility in Sequences

I'm creating an exploded view presentation of a large assembly. I understand that when sequences are created, the parts that are hidden at the time are added to the Hidden folder of that sequence. But since I had to work back and forth between sequences to tweak the order, I want to hide some parts that I just added and that belong to a previous sequence. The part is now randomnly hanging in space when the camera angle is trying to show another part of the assembly. How can I make parts hidden for some sequences but not other? There's no option to hide parts, only to unhide them from the Hidden folder. BTW, using Inventor Pro 2012. Any help is appreciated. 

Look at picture to better understand the question.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi nnmithani,

You should be able to select a component from the assembly tree in the browser and simply click and drag on it, and drop it on the Hidden folder. You'll see a black bar at the bottom of the Hidden folder tree list as shown here when you pause over the Hiidden folder.

Autodesk Inventor IPN Hidden Folder.png

Note that the component won't actually hide in the graphics area until the Sequence is played.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3
nnmithani
in reply to: nnmithani

Ahhhhh thank you! I've been stumped by this for so long!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums