Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
tracey
Message 1 of 4 (38 Views)

Precision of Property fields in IDW

38 Views, 3 Replies
11-11-2004 02:01 AM
I have a problem where i have created a custom parameter which is imported into the idw file as part of a sketched symbol through a property field. No problems so far. The problem is that even though the parameter is unitless it appears with 2 dec pl ie instead or 4 appears as 4.00. Does anyone know how to change this? I have tried editing the dimension style with no success.
Thanks in advance
Tracey
*Peer Hoffmann
Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)

Re: Precision of Property fields in IDW

11-11-2004 07:15 AM in reply to: tracey
From the top of my head: RMB - 'Edit definition' - 'Edit text': highlight the parameter and choose 0 instead of 2 under X.XX right above the edit field. Maybe? BR Peer
Active Contributor
tracey
Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)

11-11-2004 08:35 AM in reply to: tracey
Thanks peer.
Would work for text but you dont seem to get the option with property fields to set precision.

Thanks again
Tracey
*Peer
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)

11-13-2004 02:18 AM in reply to: tracey
Tracey - could you provide the specific example in pics? Peer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube