Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to edit iMate Insert direction in Content Center Part?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AlexFielder
1917 Views, 1 Reply

Possible to edit iMate Insert direction in Content Center Part?

I have a Clufix Blind nut which I've authored as a component and then published to our Content Centre (CC) - I realised too late however that the Insert iMate on the edge highlighted below is set to opposed when it should be set to aligned:

imate insert.JPG

Is there any way to force this change into the content center part without deleting/republishing the family? I've modified the iMate in a custom instance of the CC part and done the "Replace Family Template" option from the CC Editor but whilst I got the "Published" success message, the part still aligns incorrectly when I use iMates from the CC dialogue. Do I need to "refresh" the local CC parts I have or is there another way?

(BTW this was done with Inventor 2011)

Thanks,

Alex.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AlexFielder
in reply to: AlexFielder

As usual, the very act of writing this down forced me to take another look at the error messages I had been receiving; the upshot of which is that I now have a working iMate.

The solution was that the Refresh command was asking me to check out the existing vaulted CC parts - which I now realise is because they needed to be updated to include the direction change in the iMate.

Talk to the bear to the rescue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums