Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to drill from point to point?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
OliverTat
439 Views, 4 Replies

Possible to drill from point to point?

Hello,

Sorry for asking Another silly question on this board...

Or what to me is not but to the more expeierenced user will be, no doubt.

For instance, say their is a cylinder or rectangle. And I have one point on the bottom offset from the centre (EG.20mm) then a point on the top of the product..

can you make a hole, say counterbore for Example from one point, to another seleced point?

The only options I see are, Thru/ to(face) / distance

Please Advise

Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

There is no option In the hole dialog to select two points in order to create a hole. You can achieve this by creating two work points and an axis between them. Then, in the hole command dialog specify the first point, select the axis as direction and as termination surface the other side of the solid.  Please see attached picture.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 5

Excellent thankyou.

what is the correct procedure to create the axis on the correct angle?

Message 4 of 5

You can select two valid points to create a work axis through them.You just can pick up the two work points on the cylinder and the axis is created between them. There are other methods as well , however they are dependant on the model you have. The work axis could be created by selecting point and a plane, linear edge , sketch line, etc.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 5 of 5

Fantiastic,

Thank you very much!

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report