Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable License Utility Error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
804 Views, 9 Replies

Portable License Utility Error

Some of you might encounter this problem before, I was trying to access the PLU and got an error code . Invalid License Information Error Code: [14.1.10] I've been thru the Knowledge Base of Adesk but to no avail. Can someone shed the light? AIP8 XP Pro sp1 regards, Jerome
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That's a new one on me. Possibly it's an installation error of some kind. Can you give some history to the problem? The PLU has an activity log at Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\PLU (text format). Please paste it in. The PLU transfers the license, but doesn't repair any problems; that happens within the product itself. What happens when you launch IV8? --Cy-- "Jerome" wrote in message news:3fe2a69e_5@statler... > Some of you might encounter this problem before, I was trying to > access the PLU and got an error code . > Invalid License Information > Error Code: [14.1.10] > I've been thru the Knowledge Base of Adesk but to no avail. > Can someone shed the light? > > AIP8 > XP Pro sp1 > > regards, > Jerome > >
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Cy Shuster schrieb: > That's a new one on me. Possibly it's an installation error of some kind. > Can you give some history to the problem? The PLU has an activity log at > Docs & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\PLU (text format). > Please paste it in. > > The PLU transfers the license, but doesn't repair any problems; that happens > within the product itself. What happens when you launch IV8? > > --Cy-- > Hi Cy, same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. Regards Andi
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? --Cy-- "Andi Auburger" wrote in message news:3ff959cd$1_5@statler... > Hi Cy, > > same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 > The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: > The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. > Regards > > Andi >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Cy Shuster schrieb: > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? INV 8 starts with no unusual message. In "?"-"About" there's displayed the correct license information. Andi
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Cy, Here's the activity log of PLU JEROME XZ0T A52J CV2L QA8R Inventor 8 launched normally. no error messages or whatsoever. Maybe sometime I'll try to uninstall/reinstall AIS8...if that will help. Thanks, Jerome "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ff97d4e_1@statler... > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? > > --Cy-- > > "Andi Auburger" wrote in message > news:3ff959cd$1_5@statler... > > Hi Cy, > > > > same here: AIP8 on XP Pro SP1 > > The folder PLU ist empty, there's no logfile on drive C: > > The "aipplu_lnk.zip" from the Autodesk Homepage didn't change anything. > > Regards > > > > Andi > > > >
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Jerome, That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? --Cy--
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I don't know; call Support on this one. It's an internal error, which could be an installation problem, or a conflict with some other software. All I can think of to try is a reinstall. --Cy-- "Andi Auburger" wrote in message news:3ff97e1b$1_4@statler... > Cy Shuster schrieb: > > > And when you launch AIP8, what happens? Any messages? > INV 8 starts with no unusual message. > In "?"-"About" there's displayed the correct license information. > > Andi >
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Cy, There's no log file except for the only file plulist.xml. PLU never run successfully from the start of Inv 8. I did uninstall/clean registry/reinstall AIS but still the same problem. Thanks, Jerome "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ffac257$1_7@statler... > Jerome, > > That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: > B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? > > --Cy-- > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry, I have no ideas on this one. Call support... --Cy-- "Jerome" wrote in message news:3ffd0889$1_1@statler... > Cy, > > There's no log file except for the only file plulist.xml. > PLU never run successfully from the start of Inv 8. > I did uninstall/clean registry/reinstall AIS but still the same problem. > > Thanks, > Jerome > > "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:3ffac257$1_7@statler... > > Jerome, > > > > That's your computer list. The log file has a name like this: > > B241A000plu.log. Did the PLU ever run successfully? > > > > --Cy-- > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report