Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating idw with scale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
soggys3
409 Views, 2 Replies

Populating idw with scale

All,

I am having trouble locating where the default idws pull the scale info from the drawing view. I want to populate my title block with scale, but when I try to edit the text in the format dialog box "view lable properties" is not an option see attachment untitled 2. See attachment untitled for the default idw properties which I am trying to emulate. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yannicknielsen
in reply to: soggys3

In my company we have an iLogic rule. It creates a custom iProperty in the drawing containing the scale of the first view. Then we have a custom property in our template refering to that scale property.

For this to work, the scale will be taken from the view named VIEW1 - if there isn't one, it doesn't work (I'm not iLogic wizard enough to add more views yet)

'If ActiveSheet.View=("VIEW1") Then
Dim strScale As String = ActiveSheet.View("VIEW1").ScaleString
iProperties.Value("custom", "1st view scale") = strScale 
'end if

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 3
tdoimo
in reply to: soggys3

See this, your solution are on the "Being Inventive Autodesk Blog" with an Ilogic rule : Being Inventive Link

See you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report