Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
sps_cad_guy
Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)
Accepted Solution

Polylines in dxf files

304 Views, 2 Replies
09-13-2012 05:48 AM

Using my ipt flat pattern, I export the face as a Rel. 12 dxf for the file to be used in our cnc software.

I'm having a problem that the guy in the shop cannot open the dxf unless I open the dxf in Autocad and explode it.

Inventor is creating the perimeter as a polyline.

Is there any setting I can change to prevent the polyline creation?

I have also noticed that, in some instances, through the bend area, that after I explode the file, there will be like 127 lines on top of each other.

Again, is there a setting I can change to prevent all of this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2013
ACAD Mechanical 2013
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 2 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: Polylines in dxf files

09-13-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: sps_cad_guy

Instead of using export face, right click on the flat pattern node in the browser and select Save Copy As. After you name and place the file an export options wizard will come up with all sorts of options that you can define and save to a ini file, including wether or not to use polylines.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Distinguished Contributor
sps_cad_guy
Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Polylines in dxf files

09-13-2012 08:38 AM in reply to: mrattray

Thank you very much.

That worked perfectly after a couple of

tweaks with the layers and saving the

configuration.

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2013
ACAD Mechanical 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube