Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform grating help needed.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jefkee
2651 Views, 5 Replies

Platform grating help needed.

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make an appearance for grating of a platform.

But i don't have a clue. The inventor appearance expanded metal 02 looks a little bit to what i need but i need 30mmx30mm checkers and these are more like 3x3..

How can i make them larger? or does someone have a texture that i can use?

Thanks.

Inventor 2013
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Jefkee

Hi There,

Ok so first of all, Please have a look at my screen shot while reading the steps:

1. Select the "Apearance" command
  2. Right Click on the material you would like to change and select "Edit"
  3. Click on the image as shown in the attachment
  4. In the scale drop down change the "Sample Size"

PS I would duplicate Expanded Metal 02 and name it "Test" and then go change the properties 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: Jefkee

What we also do is: Make the plate the size you need it to be... We cut out a sq/rectangle area and then pattern it to make it look like grating. You can see thru it etc as need. I attached a file..not sure if it'll come thru though Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
graemev
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I have found that for the expanded metals one needs to adjust the image in the "Cutouts" section to have an appropriate effect on the appearance.

Message 5 of 6
Jefkee
in reply to: graemev

Yes, i noticed it to when adjusting the size.

Always adjust the cutout scale too!

Thanks for the help!

Inventor 2013
Message 6 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael,

Only problem I have with your suggestion is it will make your part extremely big/heavy and if your PC is not strong enough it will crash. The only time I will do someting like that is when I actually want to get the correct mass. but for presentation perposes I would rather change the material as it is not making my part heavy

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report