Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing components in assy., center mouse click

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KarlH58
327 Views, 5 Replies

Placing components in assy., center mouse click

In Inventor 10 & 11, when placing parts such as fasteners into an assembly, I used to use the center wheel click function to place the part on the surface of the component that the part would be constrained to. That way I could place multiple fasteners at the same time right next to the holes they would be going in all over a complex assembly. It would then be a simple matter to constrain the fasteners without zooming in and out all over to find them. After updating to Inventor 2009, this function no longer seems to work. When I click the wheel when placing a component now, the part disappears and the pan feature is activated. Is there some way of recovering the previous function in 2009? I used it all the time and am extremely frustrated that it no longer works. All help will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: KarlH58

Try re-installing your mouse drivrs, this has been
known to fix some problems.

--
AIP 2009 sp1 Bonus Tools
Dell Precision 690
Dual Quad Core
E5320 @ 1.86GHz
4Gb DDR SDRam - 667 Mhz, ECC
SAS 146Gb - 15k rpm
Quadro
FX3500 256Mb - Driver: 178.26 Bios: 5.71.22.55.08
Direct 3D
XP Pro
Sp3  3Gb/2800
Space Explorer USB, release: 3.6.10 driver 6.6.4 firmware

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
In
Inventor 10 & 11, when placing parts such as fasteners into an assembly, I
used to use the center wheel click function to place the part on the surface
of the component that the part would be constrained to. That way I could place
multiple fasteners at the same time right next to the holes they would be
going in all over a complex assembly. It would then be a simple matter to
constrain the fasteners without zooming in and out all over to find them.
After updating to Inventor 2009, this function no longer seems to work. When I
click the wheel when placing a component now, the part disappears and the pan
feature is activated. Is there some way of recovering the previous function in
2009? I used it all the time and am extremely frustrated that it no longer
works. All help will be appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

Nope thats just how it is now.
Probably lost that functionality when they switched to the steering wheel and viewcubes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
KarlH58

Thanks for the info. Reloading the mouse drivers didn't change anything. If this indeed what I have to live with now, can anyone recommend a procedure for this short of creating i-mates for everything? To set that up on some of my assemblies would be more work than help. I just hate dropping forty rivets off in space and then going back to grab each one as I fit them into holes.
Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

Assuming your not using 64 bit inventor.
This addin is a MUST.. You will LOVE it
What I do is map it to Alt+C keys
http://ww w.kwikmcad.com/icode/Addins/InstKWiK-sert%201_1_0.zip

Kwiksert allows you to simply place 1 rivit, start kwiksert, pick your rivet and then simply start picking holes. It automatically inserts a new rivet each time you select a hole.

Why this functionality is not part of Inventor completely boggles my mind...This functionality should have been in release 1 of Inventor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
KarlH58

Thanks Mac, I do love the kwiksert add-in. I just got to load it and try it out. The lost function I used to use was never this good. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report