Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place iAssembly Key Value problems?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TravisColson
356 Views, 2 Replies

Place iAssembly Key Value problems?

I am creating an iassembly with multiple iparts. I have set up 5 different keys to include or exclude certain parts when I place the iassembly into an assembly. When I place the iassembly into an assembly the place iAssembly dialog box opens and all of my keys are listed as I would like. The problem I am having is that my keys don't show both options for include or exclude for the specific parts I would like to see or not see in the placed assembly. Within the iassembly Author spread sheet for the iassembly each cell for each specific KEY that I want is formatted with a pull down list of INCLUDE or EXCLUDE. I don't understand what I am doing wrong here?

I have attatched a jpeg. The top shows the Iassembly Author table and the bottom shows the Place iassembly dialog box

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
StevenFeng
in reply to: TravisColson

In the iAssembly table, the part only is included, not excluded. So only "Include" show when place the iAssembly into one assembly.

If you add one row to exclude the member, you will can see the two options.

In fact, in the place dialog, it only show all values added in the table.

Thanks,

Steven

Message 3 of 3
TravisColson
in reply to: StevenFeng

Thanks that makes sense. I think I was mostly confused with the iAssembly Author dialog and how it works. I thought that having an option under the Author dialog column would allow you to pick one of the options when placing the iassembly not just for that specific Member within the assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report