Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place From Vault by Default

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danzco
316 Views, 3 Replies

Place From Vault by Default

I actually have two separate but related issues.

1. The place component button on the ribbon seems to have inconsistent behavior.  When using the drop down to place components from content center or Vault, sometimes the ribbon button will be "sticky" and remember my selection for the next component and sometimes it will revert to the default place from local.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
  2. Is there any way to configure Inventor to treat Place from Vault as the default behavior?  Probably about 75% of the time I am placing components from Vault; having to crank through extra clicks to get to Vault is a waste of time.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: danzco

I've never received a response to this question in the past.

What I do is build my own ribbon panel with the commands in the order I prefer as shown below.

Place Commands.JPG

It's a workaround, but easy enough to setup.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: mpatchus

An alternative would be to customize the Marking Menu to make Place From Vault & Place from Content Center availale as shown below.
Marking Menu2.JPG

This is quite easy to do, simply customize the marking menu.
Marking Menu1.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
danzco
in reply to: mpatchus

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I added the Place from Vault button to my ribbon as suggested.  However, I'm going to hold off on accepting either as a solution, as both of these are workarounds (albeit good ones!).  It would be great if the apparently intended functionality of having the button be stick on the last used function actually worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report