Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place/Edit Constraint Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tstabile
1406 Views, 9 Replies

Place/Edit Constraint Error

I am using Inventor Professional 2014. My question is in the last release (2013) it was set up that when you had constraint errors and accepted those errors that window would not pop up again unless new errors were created. Which made it MUCH easier to edit those errors, especially when you had a few hundred to fix at a time. In this release they changed it back to make you have to accept the error pop up window each and every time while fixing errors. Is there a way to make this a one time accept and make the pop up go away?

Inventor Professional 2014

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
japike
in reply to: tstabile

If you open Application Options, go to the Prompts tab. At the bottom is an option called "Do not show messages for pre-existing problems". Is that what you are looking for?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 10
tstabile
in reply to: japike

Japike that was it. It must have been automatically selected on my 2013 version because I know I never changed that in that release. Thank you for your help

Message 4 of 10
Francois_Genik
in reply to: japike

Thank you very much.

You save my mental health

Message 5 of 10

Hey all,

I have just upgraded to inventor 2017 and I am getting an error message of "The assembly cannot be solved: The new relationship conflicts with existing assembly relationships."  with options to edit/cancel/accept/diagnose. 

My question is, what prompt or setting is there to change in order to stop receiving this message?  I end up replacing things in assemblies all the time and when I do there are usually a bunch of broken constraints that I like to keep because I go through and fix them, however this error message appears every time I fix one and can be quite... inefficient.

Attached you will find a picture of the pop up that appears.  I have looked through the prompts and nothing stood out to me initially and I tried the check box solution from earlier in this thread.

Message 6 of 10
a_cmrecki
in reply to: jakerosen741

@jakerosen741 wrote:

Hey all,

I have just upgraded to inventor 2017 and I am getting an error message of "The assembly cannot be solved: The new relationship conflicts with existing assembly relationships."  with options to edit/cancel/accept/diagnose. 

My question is, what prompt or setting is there to change in order to stop receiving this message?  I end up replacing things in assemblies all the time and when I do there are usually a bunch of broken constraints that I like to keep because I go through and fix them, however this error message appears every time I fix one and can be quite... inefficient.

Attached you will find a picture of the pop up that appears.  I have looked through the prompts and nothing stood out to me initially and I tried the check box solution from earlier in this thread.

any solution for this? 

Above solution for AI2014 with check box do not work on win10 and AI2017, at least for me. 

Message 7 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: a_cmrecki

Hi! I vaguely remember that it was resolved in one of the updates in 2017. Please install 2017 R4 and subsequent updates.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 10
dschulz
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have Inventor 2017.4 .4 and still have this issue. Any solutions?

Message 9 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: dschulz

Hi! I am not sure if the issue you are seeing is the same as this original thread. Do you mind sharing the files exhibiting the behavior here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 10
SER4
in reply to: a_cmrecki

Nowadays, we don't even get the option for Accept anymore...only Cancel...which means we cannot place any constraints if ANYTHING else is sick...very annoying.

A workaround I just discovered is: Application Options->Assembly->Defer updates:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error...

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report