Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventor properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bodich
993 Views, 4 Replies

Physical Inventor properties

In properties on physical tab Plumbum has density 0.940 g/cm3, but it should be 11.34 g/cm3. But in material editor it has right value. What should I do? Maybe it is config file somewhere?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: bodich

In English, I think the material you're referring to is "Lead".

As far as the density: it appears that you are using Inventor 2013; when I create a part in 2013 made of lead, the density in iProperties matches the Material properties.  Is it possible that the density has been manually edited in the file?

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

Attach the file here or create a cube 1cm x 1cm x 1cm and attach it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
HenrikGraversen
in reply to: JDMather

Hi,

I have the same problem with Aluminum.

If i create a simple new part / cube 10 x 10 x 10 cm. it has the correct weight and density.

But if i derive an assembly in to the part as a surface model the density change.

Kind regards

Henrik Graversen

Message 5 of 5
bodich

Thank you for answers. After checking Lead in properties, I closed properties window. After reopening properties it is all right. And every time like this: Lead value is wrong, but after accepting and reopening Properties, value became correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report