Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jostroopers
Message 1 of 3 (135 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pattern in new folder

135 Views, 2 Replies
02-04-2013 12:36 PM

If I place many parts  than i create a new folder in the browser and place all parts in the new folder.
If I make a pattern of the same part that pattern I can not drag to the new folder where all the other equal parts are.
Well, I can right click on the pattern and then add to new folder but I can not click on existing folders so get a new folder is created where the pattern is placed.
Is it not possible to have a pattern to an existing folder to drag?

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....
Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 2 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: Pattern in new folder

02-05-2013 04:26 AM in reply to: jostroopers

You should be able to drag the pattern into the folder, but I believe it has to be under the LAST item in the folder.

Expand the folder and try dragging the pattern under the last item (you should see a LINE appear below the last item as you drag the pattern into position).

drag.JPG

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Contributor
jostroopers
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)

Re: Pattern in new folder

02-06-2013 01:20 PM in reply to: jostroopers

Thanks, you must exactly click the right place.

It must be done exactly.

Some times i go over the new folder and it turns blue and then it works to.

Thanks again.

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube