Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
SteveX82
Message 1 of 2 (248 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pattern Visibility with iLogic

248 Views, 1 Replies
10-11-2011 05:40 AM

I've noticed that one can turn off the visibility of an entire component pattern by manually right-clicking the pattern in the browser and unchecking "Visibility". However, when one tries to automate this process with the following code, only the first element of the pattern is made invisible.

Component.InventorComponent("Pattern1").Visible = False

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this, or will I be forced to develop a "workaround" like first changing the number of elements to 1?

I've been desperately trying to find a way to "turn off" unneeded assembly components without iAssemblies or LOD's, but Inventor always finds a way to stop me. This workflow of turning off visibility and setting BOM status to "Reference" would work if only I can make patterns invisible, also.

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 2 of 2 (224 Views)

Re: Pattern Visibility with iLogic

10-11-2011 07:42 PM in reply to: SteveX82

Hi,

Just stumbled on to this thread,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Changing-Component-Pattern-Visibility/...

Hope it helps. let me know, if you need further help.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube