Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts of my drawing disappear when zooming in. Why?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
terryp
2779 Views, 7 Replies

Parts of my drawing disappear when zooming in. Why?

Good morning,

When I zoom in on a drawing, certain parts of the drawing will just disappear. Dimensions, title block, text...it doesn't matter, its different every time. It's not all the time but when it happens it's frustrating. Try dimensioning a part that isn't visible! When I zoom out to a full page view it always returns. When I zoom in again, parts will disappear. See attached screen captures and you will see the same file at different moments. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Terry

Autodesk Inventor 2013

Windows 7 Professional

64 bit

16 GB RAM

Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sps_cad_guy
in reply to: terryp

Have you checked that your video card meets the requirements, and if it does, do you have current drivers?

Lenovo Think Pad
Windows 7 SP 1
64 Bit.
Inventor 2014 SP2
ACAD Mechanical 2014
Message 3 of 8
Ryan.Martinez

Did you try installing update 1 or 2? Out of curiosity what are your graphics set to in inventor?

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 4 of 8
jannik.mortensen

Hi,

We have the same problems at my company. 20 users reportet this problem. its on different hardware setup, and graphicdriveres.

Any solution to this issue?

We have just installed Inventor 2013 SP2, which didnt help on this problem.

BR

Message 5 of 8
rkeller

Mine does the same thing.  I have a Quadro 4000k video with updated drivers... and it still does it!

Rodney

http://screencast.com/t/52NJ8WeloS8p

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: rkeller

set tools..application options..hardware tab to "software graphics".. then restart Inventor.. Note: Inventor will be a bit slower but if the problem goes away then that typically lets you know your graphics card/driver is at fault.. 

Then try it set to "compatibility" and restart and see if that helps.. Then try performance.. 

I seem to remember numerous users with 4000k cards were having issues.. A search "might" yield what drivers they got that cleared it up might help.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

Best is to let the Nvidia Control panel handle it settings (automatic). I might be inclined to download the latest Microsoft Certified drivers and do a "clean" install of the new drivers. This will flush any old settings and should over write all older versions of files. Myself I would download the driver set, do a uninstall, reboot and then an install of the new drivers. Try the settings options as "mcgvr" posted.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
rkeller
in reply to: blair

I set tools..application options..hardware tab to "software graphics"..
then restart Inventor this morning and even restarted the computer. There
was no change as soon as I select the first line to dimension the rest hide.

I will look for a new driver in the morning and uninstall the old ones
before installing the new Nvidia Control panel.

Thank you for your suggestions! Sooner or later this problem will be put
to bed.

rkeller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report