Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list column properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
soggys3
989 Views, 4 Replies

Parts list column properties

All,

I need to create a column in a partslist that reads IDENTIFYING NO. instead of the factory PART NUMBER title. When i create the new property in the column chooser dialog box how do i get inventor to pull the PART NUMBER from iprops over to the IDENTIFYING NO. column. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: soggys3

Hi.

I think is easier to change the column title.

Go to "Manage" -> Styles editor and go to the part list field and change the name of Part Number column.

You can save this configuration as a template.

If you need some help, i can tell you better how to do it.

Regards.

CarlosC

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: soggys3

RC on the parts list and select BM.JPG 

Then when the dialog window comes up. RC on the "Part Number" column and select BM.JPG

When this dialog window appears select the "Substitution" tab, select "Enable Value Substitution" and browse for the property you are looking for.

BM.JPG

Good luck!!!  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi!

If you just want to change the title of the "Part Number" Column:

Go to tab Manage and select  "Styles Editor"

1.png

Then, just change the column title like the image below.

2.png

Now, Create a new Part List!!!

Regards.

CarlosC

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: CCarreiras

Very nice Carlos.  Taking it even further then that, if this is to be saved to the styles (which makes sense long term), for template use, then the OP needs to know that he has to make the master project file read/write in order to save the styles.  Making sure that after they are saved, to change the MP back to RO.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report