Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partlist on dwg-drawing from idw

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tegstette
473 Views, 7 Replies

Partlist on dwg-drawing from idw

When I save an idw as autocad dwg, the partlist is only a block made up by many pieces of text (not a table). It is not possible to copy text from multiple cells in rows/column in the partlist and paste it into excel...

Anyone got a solution for this?
Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DewayneH
in reply to: tegstette

After selecting the data you wish to copy from the parts list use "Ctrl-C" to copy. You can then paste it into excel.
Dewayne
Inventor Pro 2023
Vault Pro 2023
Message 3 of 8
tegstette

Yes, this works when I edit the partlist in the original 3D idw-drawing.

But then I make an autocad-dwg-drawing (not inventor dwg) from the idw to give to my customer. And when my customers open the dwg-drawing the partlist in this drawing is only a big block made up by many blocks of text... and we find no way to copy/paste data from the partlist...
Best regards
TG

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

You can export a parts list as an xls file.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
Message 5 of 8
tegstette

I know I can export part list from the idw, but can my customer export the partlist from the autocad-dwg (created from idw)? He does not have Inventor, only autocad... (sometimes he needs to get data from some of the partlist)
Best regards
TG

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

No. You did not explain yourself fully in your post. However, you can
export, then link that into AutoCAD or send it separately.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
Message 7 of 8
tegstette

I am sorry for the imprecise question. Not always so easy to explain a problem:-)

But what I really want to know is if there is a way to set up the "save as autocad-dwg" in a way that makes the partlist on the autocad dwg-drawing a table - not only a dumb block made up by many other blocks of text.

I find it strange that this is not the way it is... especially since both idw and dwg is autodesk-formats
Best regards
TG

Message 8 of 8
msklein

Simple explanation IV requires Excel to run which is why you can do al sorts of things with it. ACAD and other 2D drawing programs do not have this link or requirement. 2D programs are just electronic versions of dumb hand drawn paper drawings. This is the difference between a parametric modeler and a dumb flat filing system 2D drawing program. And yes i'm using a hammer.
MSK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report