Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part does not show up in render

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
racorn
2367 Views, 5 Replies

Part does not show up in render

I have a problem with 1 part in my assembly: It doesn't show up when I render the assembly in Inventor Studio.
I've tried different materials/colors, checked that it is not set to "Reference" in "BOM Structure" but to no avail.
When rendering the mono part, it won't show up either.

When setting the Visual Style to "Realistic" it will do that "render" and show the part, but that's not what I want.

I've attached a very simplified version of the part (it's somewhat sensitive to include entire part, so I deleted all features except the base extrusion), which has the same problem.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: racorn

no clue.. it crashed my Inventor when I tried to delete the extrusion and recreate it..and won't render in studio at all..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
chad38
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yep, exact same thing happened to me. Have you considered starting this part over from scratch?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

Sketch Doctor indicates a problem with the sketch.

I generally avoid creating sketches with overlapping lines.

Sketch Doctor.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
racorn

Thanks for looking into this everyone!

I will consider re-doing this part, though that might become a problem with our revision system.

Message 6 of 6
racorn

Update:

I tried dragging the EoP marker to before the sketch, draw a simple new sketch, extruded that and rendered the solid.

The solid renders normally.

This means that it is indeed the sketch that is the problem and nothing in the part-file itself.

Thanks for helping me out, guys!

I wouldn't have figured that overlapping lines would cause such strange effects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report