Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

LostandConfused
Message 1 of 5 (131 Views)

Part Table attachment locations, IV 12

131 Views, 4 Replies
03-28-2012 09:54 AM

When I create a parts list in an IDW for an assembly, I place it above our title block. The list seems to "snap" into place. Unfortunately, when a part is added to the assembly, the table expands into the title block. I want to keep the parts list headings at the top of table. Is there any way to make the table grow upwards, instead of down into the title block?

Thanks,

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 5 (126 Views)

Re: Part Table attachment locations, IV 12

03-28-2012 10:19 AM in reply to: LostandConfused

Manage Tab, Styles Editor.  Look for parts lists... there may be more than one so you'll need to find out which one your company is using.  Look to the right where it says direction, you can change the direction by picking the appropriate box there.

Good Luck

parts.JPG

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

LostandConfused
Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)

03-28-2012 10:33 AM in reply to: cbenner

You had me hopeful there for a second. I changed the setting in the style table, and as advertised, the new parts are added to the top of the list rather than the bottom. Unfortunately, the top of the table still stays fixed, and it expands below.

Any other thoughts?

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)

03-28-2012 10:39 AM in reply to: LostandConfused

Well, if this is right, it's kind of goofy... but it looks to me like the only way to do it is to move the header to the bottom.  That doesn't seem very flexible in my opinion.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Mentor
rhasell
Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)

03-28-2012 04:31 PM in reply to: cbenner

Chris.

You are right, heading at the bottom.

Reg
Autodesk PDS Ultimate 2015 Update 1 Build 159
Intel Core i7 (950@3.07GHz)/Win7x64 (Home) - 12GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Please Give Kudo's / accept as a solution if it fixes your problem.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.