Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Table attachment locations, IV 12

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LostandConfused
261 Views, 4 Replies

Part Table attachment locations, IV 12

When I create a parts list in an IDW for an assembly, I place it above our title block. The list seems to "snap" into place. Unfortunately, when a part is added to the assembly, the table expands into the title block. I want to keep the parts list headings at the top of table. Is there any way to make the table grow upwards, instead of down into the title block?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: LostandConfused

Manage Tab, Styles Editor.  Look for parts lists... there may be more than one so you'll need to find out which one your company is using.  Look to the right where it says direction, you can change the direction by picking the appropriate box there.

Good Luck

parts.JPG

Message 3 of 5
LostandConfused
in reply to: cbenner

You had me hopeful there for a second. I changed the setting in the style table, and as advertised, the new parts are added to the top of the list rather than the bottom. Unfortunately, the top of the table still stays fixed, and it expands below.

Any other thoughts?

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: LostandConfused

Well, if this is right, it's kind of goofy... but it looks to me like the only way to do it is to move the header to the bottom.  That doesn't seem very flexible in my opinion.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Message 5 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: cbenner

Chris.

You are right, heading at the bottom.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums