Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Shaping Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
prajwal
302 Views, 4 Replies

Part Shaping Problem

Hello everyone, I am currently designing a slider. The slider has the ears where I intend to place a support Beam cut into such a shape that the slide will always be horizontal. One side of the beam is welded to the blue sketch area and the other end needs to come flat to the red surface area. The main purpose of the beam is just for support for the Slider as it is just pinned to the bar.

I am having problem on creating the cut pattern on the beam so that it will have required shape at both ends so that its flush to the red and the green surface. Any ideas on how it can be fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chad38
in reply to: prajwal

I just want some clarification as to what you are wanting. Is the beam to be diagonally connecting the sketch area and the red underface of the bracket thingy?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 5
prajwal
in reply to: chad38

Thats right, I am needing to weld one end of the beam to the blue sketch and have the other end cut flat/flush with the base of the ear support. The beam will be placed along the line as shown. I am having problem to cut the ends of the beam to flush at both ends.

Message 4 of 5
chad38
in reply to: prajwal

Lets call that line you made the centerline of the wide face of your beam. Draw two more line: one for each side of your beam. each should be equal distance from your centerline and each should end where your "beam" would terminate at it's mating face. Basically these lines will form an almost parallelogram. (see below) After you have this done, you should have two endpoints for your centerline, and 4 endpoints outside corners of the beam after it is positioned. Take those endpoints from that sketch and make a 3 point plane. Once you have that plane, this is the plane you will mate your beam's face to. Make your beam a lot longer than it is. Then, you are going to include the faces you wish to have the beam cut at. Make your cut.Untitled.png

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 5 of 5
prajwal
in reply to: chad38

I tried doing that but since the planes are all different I am not able to extrude it. Please find the attached part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report