Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Colours in an assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sbromley
243 Views, 5 Replies

Part Colours in an assembly

I have a part that is inserted in an assembly. If I change the colour of certain portions of the part it isn't reflected in the assembly.

Is this possible?

Autocad Mechanical 2023
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: sbromley

Where are you making those colour changes?  In the part, or in the assembly?

What version of Inventor?  Can you post the files or something that behaves similarly?

Message 3 of 6
sbromley

I solved this by clicking "master" under "representation". Which unfortunately turns on ALL the work planes.

This shouldn't really be necessary.

Autocad Mechanical 2023
Message 4 of 6
SBix26

I'm quite sure it isn't necessary, but I don't have enough information to be sure.  Can you post files that illustrate the problem, or give step-by-step instructions for reproducing it?

Message 5 of 6
sbromley

I don't know how to post files.

I insert a subassembly into an assembly. If I edit the colour of one of the parts or faces in the sub assembly this isn't reflected in my top assembly.

Autocad Mechanical 2023
Message 6 of 6
SBix26

Two or three files can be posted directly by clicking the Browse... button below the text editing window here in the forum.  If it's more than that, zip them and attach the zip file.

My experience is different from yours-- if I change the appearance of a component, it is shown in the assembly (unless I have deliberately set the assembly to use a different View Representation).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report