Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Constraint errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
174 Views, 2 Replies

Parametric Constraint errors

I'm having a really difficult time maintaining my parameters when making changes to the part I've made in the attachment.  The control parameters for this part are:

-100 mm distance between 15mm circles

-1 of the 15 mm holes

-30 mm hole

I am new to inventor but I would also like to be able to set up my constraints correctly.  I'm also not sure if my sketches are ideal for this part either.  I usually get an error concerning my fillets from the base to the center support beam when I try to change the 100 to 75.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Sketch1 is unconstrained - start here

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

and use equal (=) constraints rather than duplicate dimensions.

Sketch2 is unconstrained (and I think it was off-center, but did not double check).

Extra points in Sketch2 on circle.

Sketch3 is unconstrained.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Top arc and right side (tangent) angled line.

The arc and line overlap each other.

Tip:  When creating a line tangent to an arc click the arc (I would assume at this point still a circle) and hold mouse button down dragging to next arc (Inventor will automatically add Tangent constraint).

Once you get the hang of sketching all of the needed constaints (except =, would be nice if Inventor would do that too) will automatically be added by Inventor - all you need to do is dimension.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report