Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Aardbei
999 Views, 9 Replies

Parameters

Is it possible to organize parameters in what order they are usefull (without having to use excell)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
M.Peppel
in reply to: Aardbei

Hello Aardbei,

all you have to do is left click on the top of the column in the parameters list. The parameters will be sorted ascending or descending according to there names or values.

cheers

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 3 of 10
delineryan

You can filter the parameters, the is in IV 2011, I am not sure how far back this functionality goes.  You didn't state your version.

See attached,

Regards,

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
fle
Enthusiast

If the key parameters solution is not sufficient, you might also try confidity.

www.confidity.com

Best regards,

CG

Message 5 of 10
Aardbei
in reply to: delineryan

@ delineryan, ty this is a possible solution indeed.

I'm using Iventor2011

Still my answer isn't fully solved. Cause I needed to know if it was possible to arrange them by what I find important and less important.

Message 6 of 10
delineryan

You could name the parameters alphabettically in order of importance (A1,B1,C1,ETC...)  and use the filter, then just sort by name everytime you open parameters.  How many parameters are you talking about here?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Message 7 of 10
M.Peppel

Hello Aardbei,

all you have to do is set a little hook in the "Key" column for the parameters that you find to be important, afterwards you can use the filter "Key" to find the important parameters again.

cheers

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 8 of 10
CadUser46
in reply to: M.Peppel

I know this is old but does 2012 offer any ability to organize parameters without renaming them?  Only way i have found is to delete some then re-add them in the order i want.  I cant rename them as they are standard references tied to macros and ilogic.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: CadUser46

@CadUser46 wrote:

I know this is old but does 2012 offer any ability to organize parameters without renaming them?  Only way i have found is to delete some then re-add them in the order i want.  I cant rename them as they are standard references tied to macros and ilogic.

nope nothing has changed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 10
CadUser46
in reply to: mcgyvr

I thought not but thanks anyway.  Strangley it has the same graphic in the left hand column like it does in the BOM like you could just drag and drop.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report