Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack and go error

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
3922 Views, 20 Replies

Pack and go error

Hi all,

I am using inventor 2011 all patched and up to date.

I am trying to use pack and go on an assembly that contains sub assemblies no more than 4 levels deep. Probably ~250 parts total. When i click "search now" in pack and go, i instantly get this error:

An error occurred reading the autodesk inventor design properties.

8007007e

drive:\path\top level model.asm

and that's it. Searching for this error has yielded no relevant results for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Eric

edit: I tried opening a single component and using pack and go on just the .iam and got the same error. any suggestions?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
marshaltu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It looks that there are some errors in the assembly "top level model.asm". You can check whether there are the same errors if you open the file in Inventor or Design Assistant. It is better if you can send me your dataset for more investigation.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: marshaltu

I can open the assembly with no problems, move things around and I receive no errors. 

Moreover, if i try and pack and go one single .ipt part of the assembly, i get the same error.

Unfortunately, I am not able to send you the files.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Eric

Message 4 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

Did you try to invoke iProperties dialog in Inventor? It works as well? It is difficult to judge what's the problem if I cannot get more information. Could you please delete everything from your part and save copy as and send it to me for analysis since you can reproduce the issue with a single part?

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

Here is a simple part that is causing the problem.

Iproperties seems to work on whatever i click it for.

Regards,

Eric

Message 6 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the dataset. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. I search the error code "0x8007007e" and find it means "The specified module could not be found". So I suspect some module which Pack & Go depend on is missing. Please following the steps to help me narrow down the issue.

1. Download "Dependency Walker" from http://www.dependencywalker.com/

2. Launch "Dependency Walker" and open the file "DTCPexe.exe" from <your Inventor install folder>\bin.

3. There should some error message(red) to show which modules are missing.

Please let me know if you have any findings.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

How's this?

As an aside, are you unable to contact the inventor software team to ask them what that specific error message is caused by?

Regards,

Eric

Message 8 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

Thank you for the information. The error message is from Windows API. It is difficult to judge what is root cause by this message if we don't have the detailed reproducible steps.

The following link shows some information about IEShims.dll. Please try to find the dll and copy it to C:\windows\system32 and have a try to launch Pack&Go.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/8a751f65-ade9-4b8b-a3d3-c720c...

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Indeed, i found that, and several other forums where ieshims was discussed yesterday.

I copied ieshims into system32 as instructed, but attempts to register it fail with

"the module "ieshims.dll" was loaded but the entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.

Make sure that ieshims.dll is a valid dll or ocx file and then try again"

Attempting to pack and go still fail in the same way, so either it has to be properly registered, or it isn't the problem.

I noticed two versions of ieshims on my computer, 100kb in size difference, build dates minutes apart, with the same version number! Both of them fail to register.

I'm posting a pic of the properties of both files because i barely believe this myself, so i'm sure nobody else will.

Message 10 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

I am not clear what's the correct version of ieshims. I never encounter the kind of issue. Did you just have a try to uninstall IE and reinstall it?

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

I was not aware that there was a standard, robust way to uninstall IE.

I currently have IE 8, i could try to upgrade, but this computer is fairly thoroughly locked down so that would likely be difficult. 

would it be possible to pass this error on to a software engineer who might be able to look into the relationship between IEshims and Pack and Go, if there is one, as perhaps we're chasing a red herring?

Regards,

Eric

Message 12 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

Sorry for I mislead you. IEshims may not be root cause. I just find IEshims is missing when I check the dependenies of pack & Go in my machine.

The only solution may be to use "Process Monitor" to monitor pack&go to figure out which module cannot be found. You can download it from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645. It is a Microsoft tool.

PS: I will forward your issue to the corresponding team.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

I am familiar with using process monitor. There will be quite a lot of data coming from it, can you please instruct me on what to look for?

Thanks

Message 14 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

You need use Process monitor to monitor the event of registry and disk file. Please follow the steps as below:

1. Run process monitor.

2. Set filter "Process Name = dtcpexe.exe".

3. Run Pack & Go to reproduce the error you mentions.

4. Switch to Process Monitor and save the results as native format.

5. Send the results to me for analysis.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Hello

I have completed the scan and the file is saved.

I would prefer not posting my process details to a public forum. Please provide me with your email address and I'll send the file directly to you.

Regards,

Eric

Message 16 of 21
marshaltu

Please send it to Marshal.Tu@autodesk.com .

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 21
marshaltu

Hi,

From your log file, it looks the moudle "RxApprenticeServer.dll" is missing in your machine. I can reproduce your issue if I delete this module in my machine. You may have to find this module or reinstall your application to restore it.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

Thanks!

This appears to be an Autodesk file. Would it be possible for me to download this from you and attempt to register it manually? I'm concerned that attempting to repair the install will take a long time and potentially cause other problems.

Message 19 of 21
marshaltu

You can find its versions of 32bit and 64bit from the setup of Inventor view. For example: "<Your InventorView setup>\x64\InventorView\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Bin" and "x64\InventorView\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Bin\Bin32". It is not necessary to register the module.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 21
Anonymous

I don't have inventor view set up, should I install it?

If so, once i do, what should i do with the file?

FYI, i'm running 64bit.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report