Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS FACING IN SIMULATION INVENTOR 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
admin
384 Views, 4 Replies

PROBLEMS FACING IN SIMULATION INVENTOR 2013

Dear Prasad,

As per our tele discussion had a while ago, find attached file for your reference. Following are some problems I'm facing while working in the simulation :

1)This snap shot contains problems occured  while running simulation of our structural assembly.

As assembly  meshing was not done so we convert it into .step file and done meshing. But it is showing problems in simulation run.

So I wanted to understand what is gone wrong in the process of simulation.

2) While saving the session it shows that it has been saved. But if I again start new session & try to open the simulation I have to start from the scrach. I

mean applying material, constraining, applying loads, etc.

I appreatiate a quick reply as possible.

Hoping  satisfacory suggessions.

Thanks & Regards,

RS MODI

Raina Engineers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: admin

I don't think any usable information can be supplied without the file(s).

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
blair

From the errors listed:

1.)  It would appear has gaps between the parts that exceed the boundary conditions/limits for the meshing engine.

2.) The FEA in Inventor performs linear analysis. If the model deflection is to great this error will be listed (it could also be a result of the model gap)

3.) The soft-springs could again be a result of the model gap-mesh problem or constraints in the FEA model.

Sometimes one needs to go back into the model and simplify (reduce/eliminate) small geometry. This will improve meshing and nodal connections between parts in the model. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
admin
in reply to: JDMather

Dear Sir,

We are able to eliminate gaps between the parts, so there is no error in simulation.

Still  we could not perform simulation on inventor .iam file, we have to convert it into .step file.(this perticular model)

Due to this we are facing one more problem that file cannot be saved for the session. For the next session,

we have to again start simulation from applying material, loads, constrainting. etc.

Regards,

R S MODI

Message 5 of 5
blair

Without the model files, it's pretty difficult to determine. The materials could have just as easily been applied to the parts at the model/part level within Inventor while modeling, saving you this step.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report