Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUGIN NOT LOADED

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
richard.mcneil
2689 Views, 7 Replies

PLUGIN NOT LOADED

I had IT install our network version of IV 2012. That seemed to install flawlessly.  I still have IV 2011 on my machine  IV 2011 and will be running it for the time being.

My problem is when I try to get the iProperties I get this error. "Plugin not available or not properly installed. Notify the System Administrator that the installation is incomplete. DTCP"

We tried to repair/reinstall 2011 and then removed it and reinstalled, to no avail. I have not tried 2012 yet, as all our files need to be migrated to 2012.

Thanks in advance

Rick McNeil

RickM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: richard.mcneil

How are you trying to get the iProperties?  In the Inventor browser?  In Windows Explorer?  Or does this happen no matter how you try to access iProperties?

Message 3 of 8

If I use Win explorer, right clicking on the file lets me  access the iProperties . It will not work from  inside Inventor using the browser , icon or the file menu.

Rick

RickM
Message 4 of 8
SBix26

Next thing to check: is this true for all logins on this computer, or just for yours?  Might have to create a new profile to check that out if nobody else ever uses your computer.

Message 5 of 8
richard.mcneil
in reply to: SBix26

The only other profiles on this computer are IT people. I will get them to look at it and remove unnecessary profiles and possibly create a new one for me.

I will get back to you. 

Rick

RickM
Message 6 of 8

I had IT create a new profile and that corrected the problem. Evidently the registry ws corrupted and creating the new profile worked.

Thanks for the help.

Rick McNeil

RickM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi there, the sollution is easier:

-close inventor

-open regedit.exe

-find DtCp.dll (in my case HKEY_CLASSE_ROOT\CLSID\......\InprocServer32)

-replace(in my case)

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Bin\DtCp.dll

to

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Bin\DtCp.dll

- now the iProperties works again.

Message 8 of 8
mslosar

Does this require switching key back and forth everytime you switch between versions?

It seems like the problem is that normal users don't have the permission ability to stop the 2012 version and then start the 2011 version. But you have access to flip the reg key yourself and do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report