Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! =D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fleeroy19
404 Views, 3 Replies

PLEASE HELP! =D

Hey there, I posted earlier but would a response from anyone who is willing to help  🙂

Everytime I edit a sketch of a single part within an assembly, every single sketch, every dimension, from every single part is visible.

Please help me get rid of this annoyance.

Cheers.

Lee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: fleeroy19

You should not double post - this causes confusion.
If you don't think your question is getting attention then you probably have not included enough information.
Keep responding to your original thread (now this one I guess) with additional information to clarify the problem until someone responds.

In this case, I am not familiar with the workflow you are using that results in all sketches in all parts in an assembly becoming visible.  Can you describe this workflow?  Screencaptures? Actual data sets?

As alternatives

rather than your current workflow or opening the part, can you simply Edit the part in place?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
fleeroy19
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry about that, I will definitely remove the other.

I am editing the part in place, hence the confusion. Imagine trying to edit a single sketch, through and assembly, and try to sift your way through 60,000 dimensions from 100 or more different parts and assemblies...not very fun. And this is what I want to turn off and avoid.

So in case I wasn't clear enough in my question, this is the issue. I know its possible, because in all my years I've never run into this problem before, so it must be some setting that I am not familiar with.

I want to edit a single part, and only view the sketch from that single part. Not the bolt, plate, channel etc that has nothing to do with what I'm currently editing.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
coreyparks
in reply to: fleeroy19

I would guess that you are using the object visibility to turn off the visibility of sketches as shown in the attached picture?  All this does is hide the sketches in that assembly or part only.  If you insert the part into another assembly the sketches will be visible.  The problem you are having is that when you edit a sketch in the assembly or part Inventor needs to toggle the visibility of sketches to allow you to edit the sketch so that when you finish the edit all sketches become visible again.  I never use the object visibility because of this.  You need to right click on the sketches in the part or assembly and turn their visibility off there instead.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report