Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARAMETERS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lodiirrigation
389 Views, 4 Replies

PARAMETERS

HELLO:

I ADDED PARAMETERS TO A PART AND WHEN I CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE PARAMETER IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN ADD A PART NUMBER TO EACH LENGTH?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
IgorMir
in reply to: lodiirrigation

Yes, you can. Use iParts to do that.

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 5
pauldoubet

Actually you can define your part numbers by an expression or formula if that works in your situation, for example the part length or size is used in the part number expression so that it updates to represent the correct part size dynamically. Give us some more info and someone will explain how to do this.

Paul

Message 4 of 5

Hello:

I have this presure treated wood that i need in a 20ft, 16ft, 12ft and a 10ft is there a way that in the parameters i can make those lengths and them have their own part number as well with out having to go and cread their own part?

Message 5 of 5
pauldoubet

@lodiirrigation wrote:

Hello:

I have this presure treated wood that i need in a 20ft, 16ft, 12ft and a 10ft is there a way that in the parameters i can make those lengths and them have their own part number as well with out having to go and cread their own part?

Inventor requires each part that is a different size to be a unique part that exists in it's own file. The only option for this is to create iParts. These are a table driven part that changes size but remains basically the same part, in your case a PT 20 ft or 16 ft board. However the iParts still must exist as a unique file, which is generated automatically when you insert the size you need in your assembly.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report