Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwhelming Kinetic Motion Undertaking - Need a little guidance

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
424 Views, 0 Replies

Overwhelming Kinetic Motion Undertaking - Need a little guidance

Good morning everyone,

I am working on a presentation that involves a 2-3 minute assembly process.

It is all taking place in one workcell with a number of axes for motion.

Automated Material Handlers:
1) Yamaha Kit tending robot (3-axis)

2) Another Yamaha Kit Tending robot (3-axis)

3) Fanuc F-200iB (6-axis)

4) Material Handling clamp (rotates on 1 axis)

5) 6x overhead tooling fixtures (1 linear axis)

All of this is depicted in the attached image.

My problem is knowing where to start. I have taken the multi axis robots into seperate assemblies to try and play with them. But even on the simple yamaha 3 axis tender, I can not get a functional animation within Inventor Studio.

Lets Iscolate that robot and make it the main focus here: (also depicted in seperate image)

Mates are standard mate to surface with center to center where each arm has contact. The end-effector is a center - center mate with a surface mate limited to +300 mm max and +5mm minimum.

I have tried using angular constraints and then anamating those constraints, but it never functions properly.

I have also tried using a rotational constraing and just moving them via animate component.

Neither method is working for me.

The last idea I had was to use Dynamic Simulation, but could I do that for a full 2-3 minute animation across multiple robots?

Sorry to bombard you guys, but I am in over my head here. A little guidance would greatly help me out, and be much appreciated.

Many, many thanks

-Christopher

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report