Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opel Cell Metal Foam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
klaussnerst41700
1740 Views, 3 Replies

Opel Cell Metal Foam

Hi, I need to create a cube, made of a open cell metal foam. It is really hard to made this manually. So is there any function to create such a material (with a random generator or a structur generator)? I attach a picture of the material which I need as a 3D model.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: klaussnerst41700

In a short, no. If you modeled this as shown it would bring Inventor to it's knees with the amount of features. The best would be to create a custom material with the correct density and apply a bit-map image for appearance.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
klaussnerst41700
in reply to: blair

Ok tank you. I would like to realize that through a hollow cell that I copy several times and arrange together. But how can I build a hollow cell? I would to create a cube and a second cube. I want to rotate the second cube so that its corners stand out on the surfaces of the first cube. Then I want to remove the volume of the second cube from the first, so make a cube with holes. But why can I rotate a second cube and why can I remove the volume?
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: klaussnerst41700

There is no need to create second cube.

Simply Extrude - Cut a square by disance equal to side.

If you really want to use two cubes -

you can use Move Body and Combine - Cut

or

Derived Components.

I recommend that you first go through the built in Help>Learning Tools>Tutorials and Skill Builders

and then

attach your attempt here.

The process you desribe (of cutting one cube from another) would not result in geometry that matches your original image.

Has your design intent changed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report