Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One part multiple lengths?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jfildes
1430 Views, 3 Replies

One part multiple lengths?

Hello, hoping someone can help me out. I'm creating an assembly and in this assembly I need to add some foam pieces. These pieces are the exact same part number but can vary in length. How can I make such a part so that i can insert it into an assembly multiple times but have different lengths? I'd rather not make multiple pieces of foam for every single assembly for all of our product lines and am kind of loooking for the "one foam to rule them all" option. I would assume this would be an ilogic component I would have to create, but i haven't really made a part like that yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: jfildes

You can do this with an iPart without having to getting into iLogic.

Could probably do it with Frame Generator custom profile as well, but that takes a bit more knowledge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
jfildes
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, I figured something along those lines would work but wasn't sure how. Now I have my iPart and am able to enter a custom length when i place the part and it shows up in the BOM as the correct part number. is there an easy way to have it display the length in the BOM instead of the count of 1? 

Message 4 of 4
dave.anderson
in reply to: jfildes

You can change the properties of the BOOM to reflect the G_L (length) value instead of the occurrence. There are many explanations out there on how. Here's one: http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/understanding-autodesk-inventor-frame.html

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report