Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset in Sketch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aaron
786 Views, 4 Replies

Offset in Sketch

Im sure this is a simple solution, but I cant figure it out. On my computer at work, if I use the offset feature (2D sketch) I get a different result than I do on my home computer. For example. If I draw a rectangle and then offset that drawing and dimension it .75, all it takes is that one dimension to constrain the entire offset. On my work computer if I offset that same rectangle, I have to go dimension each line. I can find a way to change the "rules" of that feature. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: aaron

Right click before you place it and "Constrain Offset"

Message 3 of 5
aaron
in reply to: dan_inv09

Thanks. Kind of a self taught guy here, outside of learning the complex stuff from the masters on here.

Message 4 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: aaron

Actually anytime between when you click the offset icon and when you place it you can change that.

A little tip for people learning Inventor - try right clicking, lots of good stuff is hidden there. If you think, "It would make sense that if I'm doing this I could ..." it's probably there if you right click.

Message 5 of 5
aaron
in reply to: dan_inv09

good point!

Sincerely,
Aaron Vogler

Vogler Metalwork & Design
ph-812.615.0042
fx-812.615.0171
aaron@voglermetaldesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report