Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia K5000 Anti-Aliasing Mouse problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
NeilClasby75
823 Views, 5 Replies

Nvidia K5000 Anti-Aliasing Mouse problem

Hi

I have an issue with anti-aliasing.

I have had a K5000 for a couple of months now and tried various updated drivers but still have an issue with my Autodesk Inventor setup. I have now updated from 2013 to 2014 (Inventor) and still have the same issue.

I have Inventor set to Quality on hardware. The anti-aliasing then works ok. I can rotate the view using my 3Dconnexion mouse fine, and the anti-aliasing continues to work. But as soon as I move the mouse I loose the anti-aliasing. The mouse driver is standard windows. I have no other software installed on this windows 7 64 workstation, only Inventor and Excel.

I also have a laptop workstation using a Quadro FX 2700M. The anti-aliasing works fine on this machine.

I have a mouse attached to laptop. It's the same brand but slightly different model to the workstation mouse (both Razer). I have both machines with the standard mouse driver, not the Razer driver.

I use a 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro on both machines with the same driver (v3-16-1_r1342).

When I open a file in Inventor, and the mouse is either over the ribbon menu or the top title bar, I can rotate and zoom using the 3D mouse and the model is perfectly anti-aliased. If I move the mouse in the ribbon menu or top title bar the model in the workspace is still anti-aliased. But as soon as the mouse passes over the workspace or side Inventor explorer menu the model reverts to standard non-anti-aliased view - as if I had Inventor set on Performance rather than Quality.

Also, if the mouse is positioned over the workspace or explorer areas and I rotate the model, the anti-aliasing 'switches back on' so to speak. I can rotate and zoom again and the model is perfectly anti-aliased - even though the mouse is over the workspace or browser. But as soon as I move the mouse I the model reverts to non-anti-aliased again. Until I re-use the 3D mouse.

One thing I did notice, was that if I change the Inventor view settings to use an IBL environment then I do not get this problem. The anti-aliasing does remains even when I move the mouse. But unfortunately, this is not a perfect solution as it means every time I open a file (which is every few minutes) I need to re-apply the IBL setting, to which there is a time delay.

I am also getting artifacting/glitches in the Inventor IDW Drawing environment. Every horizontal inch up the screen I get a pixel shift, a sort of mis-alignment where the pixel 'row' of the screen has shifted horizontally by a pixel or two.

I have contacted Nvidia who suggested using the Autodesk certified driver, currently 307.45, but this has not had any affect.

Help!

Regards, Neil.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I posted a similar problem today with gtx680.
My problem is the complete opposite of yours,my anti aliasing only works when I move the mouse.
Anti aliasing stops when I stop moving the model.
Surely it cannot be this hard for Autodesk to get right?

i7 3770k cpu
gtx680 4gb gpu
16gb ram
win7 64bit
Message 3 of 6
NeilClasby75
in reply to: NeilClasby75

Hi Matthew

As Nvidia make suggestions I'll post here.

They have asked whether I use nView.  I don't, so not applicable in my case, but you may want to check.  They have said to disable this to see whether it helps.

Regards, Neil.

Message 4 of 6
NeilClasby75
in reply to: NeilClasby75

Nvidia are being very helpful, suggesting various options to try.  So far this is not resolved, so I would really appreciate any assistance the Inventor team can offer.

Regards, Neil.

Message 5 of 6

I will l bet this is an Autodesk issue.
Anti aliasing has never worked for me in this software.
I have tried ati and nvidia.
It is strange as their other software like showcase,design review etc seems to function correctly with anti aliasing forced from nvidia control panel.
i7 3770k cpu
gtx680 4gb gpu
16gb ram
win7 64bit
Message 6 of 6

After some experimentation I have discovered if I have ambient shadows switched on the anti aliasing works when the model is stationary.If i turn off ambient shadows and try any other combination it does not work.It only works with ambient shadows.Unfortunately when using ambient shadows I have another graphical bug,it makes certain parts transparent to content centre parts.

Another observation is when I drive a constraint and animate model this way the anti aliasing kicks in.

Its all very peculiar.

i7 3770k cpu
gtx680 4gb gpu
16gb ram
win7 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report