Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing in Design tab HELP!!!!!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ComputerGuru666
1132 Views, 11 Replies

Nothing in Design tab HELP!!!!!

I have 15 CAD users all using PC's almost identical in spec all connected to a windows domain using Windows 7 pro sp1 64 bit & Inventor 2014 pro. The problem is I have one (1) user that no matter what computer he logs onto his "Design" tab in Inventor with the "Bolted Connections, Frame Generator, Power Transmission, Spring Generator, etc" is completely empty (All 14 other users do not have this problem) and some of his standard hot keys like "Ctrl + ]"  (turns work planes on and off) do not work either (the hot key issue has been a problem for him since Inventor 2012). The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with his User Profile but before I go completely deleting his entire user profile off the Windows Small Business 2011 server and recreating it does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: ComputerGuru666

Go to "Tools>Add-in"  and see if what is shown below is turned on.

DESIGN.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 12
navadis
in reply to: Cadmanto

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me please. I have a similar problem, this all started when my company changed their servers to another location. Now, the Design Tab does not work (please reference the pictures).
I re-installed inventor, but that has not improved anything. Even the autodesk experts here in Chile have not been able to solve this problem, please help!

Jaime from chile

ScreenShot001.jpgScreenShot001.jpg

Message 4 of 12
navadis
in reply to: navadis

All Content Center does not work
Message 5 of 12
Cadmanto

What does your folder structure look like in the master project file?

cc.JPG

Do you see anything here?

cc1.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 12
navadis

ScreenShot003.jpg

And, I cannot see anything, when I touch, place from content center.

Message 7 of 12
navadis

works fine when I start with another user who has no problem, maybe is not the inventor, maybe are the user permissions of the network

Message 8 of 12
Cadmanto

Your screen shows your CC is on your local yet you mention a network.  Is the other user using a CC on the network?

I would compare his settings to yours to see what the difference is.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 12
navadis

All the user have the CC in theirs PC

The settings are the same.

Message 10 of 12
Cadmanto

I also noticed that you had three custom project files.  Do they deam different results?

I hate to say this, but I know a few months back there was a few in my department that had this same issue

with their CC (including myself) and what ended up happening was Inventor along with all the Autodesk products needed to be reinstalled.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 12
navadis

I'll do the last test before reinstalling. Repairing user permissions, then, I will inform you the results.
Message 12 of 12
Cinetrak
in reply to: ComputerGuru666

I was looking in the wrong place. The design tab and it's contents appear when working on assemblies, but not on parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report