Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note: iLogic overrules Read-Only?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Q-Bixx
348 Views, 0 Replies

Note: iLogic overrules Read-Only?

I noted something about Inventor and its iLogic feature and i was hoping to find some explanation about this.

http://www.screencast.com/users/QBiXX/folders/Default/media/320530ef-296e-471a-b280-9d299f763004

I have made a short screencast about this issue to be able to explain it better.

I was stumbling about a problem with custom properties mapped from the Content and so i started experimenting.

One experiment was to involve iLogic into changing a certain property.

In this case i wanted to have the property of Mass to be reflected in a custom iProperty. (this field or property will not only be used in a content center environment but also with newly created parts, so we don't have to switch back and forth from a MASS (inventor) property to a VMASS (custom) property. Our ERP package is master so some of the weights can come from there ...)

Anyway, the weight that i got mapped from the content was no longer in kg's but in grams, and of course this would be inconsistent with other parts or assemblies, so i started to search for a way to get that 'gram' transformed into 'kilograms'.

With mapping nothing worked, untill i used iLogic.

Strangely enough you can't change properties from a Content Center part, because of its Read-Only status, but when iLogic is applied to your Read-Only Content Center Part, it can be changed?

One way i'm happy that i'm able now to override a certain property through iLogic, but i'm yet confused on how this is possible?

How do other people think about this and if possible, explain me HOW it is possible 🙂

Best regards!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report