Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Battle Station

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Lightcutter
379 Views, 5 Replies

New Battle Station

Just ordered:

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2580524&Sku=B69-1416

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6640163&CatId=3669

Running Product Designer Pro 2013, mostly Inventor, 3DS Max and Acad with some Showcase.

Will upgrade RAM if I find it sluggish.

Will also install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any opinions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Lightcutter

Heatsink for CPU?

Any reason you went with an expensive quadro card? Its fairly well known around here that they are a waste of money

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Lightcutter

We get a better deal than what is shown, so the price wasn't as high as that. IT prefers to deal with what is listed on the recommended list of cards Adesk puts out.

performance wise though, good, bad or ugly? Any experience with it?

Message 4 of 6
Ryan.Martinez

Pretty sure other Product design programs use openGL. Like 3ds.... I could be wrong though

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

might want a little more RAM..

Will IT let you overclock the processor?

Solid state hard drives make all the difference in the world.. That hard drive WILL slow you down some.. In general it should be a very decent machine for you for the price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Lightcutter
in reply to: mcgyvr

Will probably up the RAM once it gets in. probably 16GB.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report