Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with my assembly

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Tony_Hawking
163 Views, 0 Replies

Need help with my assembly

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some jobs with design. I just don't know how it could be like this. For example:

I have an assembly named 1.iam. which contains a gearbox (2 pairs of spur gears). I made all the constrains in this assy, and a can switch to Dynamic Simulation Env. to perform the motions. The shafts, bearings and gears was created by using Design Accelerator in the Design tab.

I also have another one named 2.iam, which is a chains drive. I contrains all the chains link and made them a chain drive like what we see in real life, not just 2 spocket and an transparent belt (inventor made this to save memory and better performance). I added 45 joints in this simulation.

The problem occurs when I place 1.iam into 2.iam. 42 of 45 joints was suppressed. I receive a warning: 22 dof was over-constrained...  Turn to Dynamic simulation, press Play the simulation but there no moves anymore. The gearbox still have have shaft, bearings, gears but when I right-click on them, I see no " Edit with Design Accelerator" . After deleting the 1.iam (gearbox) I've  just placed. The problem does not dissapear. I know that I made something wrong but I don't know what it is? Is there some way better? Can anyone help me.

Very appreciate to any help.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report