Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Urgent Help on Saving/Converting from an Inventor Drawing to DWG

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
NunoFelix
382 Views, 5 Replies

Need Urgent Help on Saving/Converting from an Inventor Drawing to DWG

I'm having an issue, where the drawing files from inventor that i save or export into dwg, dont have accurate dimensions, they are off.

Can someone help me, please!!

Thanks

Nuno Felix
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: NunoFelix

Hello Nuno,

Can you provide more information regarding the inaccurate dimensions?

Which Inventor build are you using?

What's your workfolw to reproduce this issue?

Which kind of dimension is wrong? Linear, diametric or other dimensions?

Is the dimension value wrong or the dimension position is wrong?

Do you mind to attach or send me the drawing file (*.idw) and the result dwg file? Then I can make further invetigation to triage this issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
NunoFelix
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

I use Inventor 2012.

I think i kinda figured it out.

What i was doing:

- Create a .idw of the part

- Saving a copy as a .dwg

- I did not check to see the options, so it was pre set for Base View Scale

Now what i did:

- Create a .idw of the part

- Saved a copy as a .dwg

- On the options, i selected Full Scale

So now when you dimension the parts with the DWG Viewer, they are accurate. The only thing i dont like, is the fact that the template (title block, border, etc.) dont show and sometimes i have to play around with the location of the views, so they dont end up on top of eachother.

Nuno Felix
Message 4 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: NunoFelix

If the data scaling option is selcted as Ful Scale (1:1) - Model Space, only the view geometies are exported. You may find the check box "Model Geometry Only" is checked and disable. The Title Block, Border, Annotations etc won't be exported in this case. A workaround is in the "AutoCAD Template File" text box, specify a dwg file with title block and border inculded. 

The view location change and overlap issue is because of the scale of the inventor views is discarded when export. You need to manually relocate them if the resutl is not as expected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
naresh_kalyan
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Hi Everyone,

If I click on save button to save the inventor drawing file, Title block information is going off. Can any one knows why it is happening like this. I'm using Autodesk inventor 2010. Anybody's help will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: naresh_kalyan

What you see isn't the expected behavior. Can you add the steps to reproduce this issue? Does this issue exists on the specific idw files or all the new created idw files? If possible, could you please attach the problematic idw. It will help a lot to triage your issue.

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report