Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with iLogic Save As rule...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
217 Views, 0 Replies

Need Help with iLogic Save As rule...

Hi, 

I am new to iLogic and have been searching through various forums for coding help.

Im struggling to find some coding help that will allow me to save a copy of an assembly file , into a specified directory. I also need to save a copy of every sub-assembly and part with a defined prefix.

The reason for the enitre assemblies name change is to allow the new assembly, sub assemblies and parts to be placed in the vault.

Ideally, I would like to write the directory within the code, which will create a new folder, within that specified directory and save a copy of all items within the assembly. The directory will never change, however I need new folders that will be named using an excel data link.

My project is based upon receiving an excel file, opening and linking the file to the assembly (done through a dialog box) and taking the required values from the specified excel file.

The problem i have had in trying this was that when i opened the saved assembly with a new name with all the parts having a new prefix, it seemed to still have a link to the most recent master assembly and its excel link.

Although the above seems confusing, i basically need to save a master assembly, with a prefix, as well as all the containing parts & subassemblies. also to change the iproperties and break the links between the saved assembly file and the original master assembly file.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

If you could work with this example:

Master.iam

Sub_Ass.iam

Part_1.ipt

Part_2.ipt

Sub_Ass_2.iam

Part_3

Part_4

Needs to change to:

ABC_Master.iam

ABC_Sub_Ass.iam

ABC_Part_1.ipt

ABC_Part_2.ipt

ABC_Sub_Ass_2.iam

ABC_Part_3

ABC_Part_4

and saved into the directory C:\Desktop\Test\(New folder named from the prefix ABC)

I do apologise if this comes across confusing, I have major trouble explaining what I am trying to do, but as i said if you can shed any light, it would be highly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report