Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My hotkeys are undoing themselves

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rms390
290 Views, 3 Replies

My hotkeys are undoing themselves

Last week a number of my hotkeys (it seems like only the ones I actually use), have come undone.  I re-assign them, and then they go away.  Its is happening across the modeling, sketching, and drawing environments.  I have all of the service packs installed.  I am now un-installing inventor and re-installing it in hopes that it will work.  But perhaps someone can tell me why it is failing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: rms390

Can't tell you why it's happening, but it is happening to some Inventor users.  In my case, in both 2012 & 2013.  Not frequent, but every once in a while about half of my keyboard shortcuts disappear, both default and custom ones.  I have not yet discovered any cause or correlation.  Don't know if it's related to similar things happening with my Application Options.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 4
BarryZA
in reply to: SBix26

Same here for 2013. I began learning the existing shortcts in 2012 by hovering over Extrude and taking note of the "E" etc. But when I hover in 2013 I get the balloon, but no sign of the letter.

Message 4 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: rms390

I used to have the same problem.  I used to have hot keys that were existing keys, but re-assigned to the commands that I wanted.  For example, I didn't like reaching across the keyboard to hit 'M' for the measure command, so I reassigned it to be 'Z'.  But 'Z' was already used by the zoom window command, so I had to remove the key assignment from that command.

I noticed that the only keyboard shortcuts that I would lose were these ones that were by default used by another command.  So, I tried just setting them all to use 'Alt' + the key I wanted (for example, 'Alt+Z' for the measure command.  With the exception of 'Alt+F8' and 'Alt+F11', no other commands use 'Alt', so I can pretty much use any one I want.  It took some getting used to, but now I don't lose them as often as I used to.

The only problem I have now is what sbixler mentioned--losing my application options.  Sometimes when that happens, I also lose all my UI customization, including keyboard shortcuts, so I learned to export them as a backup.  I believe the loss of application options has to do with our licenses or license server having issues, but I can't substantiate this.

Edit:  I'm using 2012, by the way.

-cwhetten

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report