Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple parts / Assemblies in one drawing => One parts list

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3408 Views, 7 Replies

Multiple parts / Assemblies in one drawing => One parts list

Is there any way to put many prefabricated assemblies / parts to a one drawing and then make a part list which would show them all?

I dont't want to make a new drawing for every single piece of pipe at it self. I want to show them all in one drawing.

Master assembly (where these assemblies and parts are located) is quite heavy, so i can't use that part list (with unvisible parts).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
VdVeek
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as i know there is no way to do this without the use of proper Representations. When you said:

Master assembly (where these assemblies and parts are located) is quite heavy, so i can't use that part list (with unvisible parts).

Did you created a LOD and a view to use in your drawing?
When you create a Representation View in your assembly with only the parts visible you want to show in your BOM, you can apply a filter on the BOM in your drawing. When you "Copy to Level of Detail" this Rep-View in your assembly, you can also use this LOD in your drawing. That way you place an as light as possible assembly in your drawing.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: VdVeek

Thanks for your reply!

I wouldn't like to do level of detail, because there is a chance that some parts comes twice or don't come at all.

I was just wondering if there was some other way....
Message 4 of 8
jeanchile

Can you provide some additional information, screenshot, or an example that shows what you are after? I feel like there will be a solution to what you need but more information is needed.
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I could be misunderstanding your request. Shouldn't Part-Only PartsList be the solution?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for your replies!

I'm making pipelines, and there I have some bends and some valves and other stuff.

I would like to make a drawing of those bends and some subassemblies (dimensions and part numbers) on one drawing.

so I'm making multiple base views on same drawing. and then i would like to have a parts list.

I wouldn't like to make any "woowoo" assembly of those parts together.

Message 7 of 8
Mario428

Easiest solution I have found is to create a fake assy with all the parts in it you want to show.

Then use that assy to create a drawing, the parts list will then show all the parts you want.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for all your replies!

We have decided to make more drawings so we can show one assembly / page.

So there is no need to put more than one parts list / drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report