Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple part lists in 1 drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ajdegro
165 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple part lists in 1 drawing

Hi,

Although I'm drawing for some years with inventor now I am not very experienced with inventor so exuse me if this is a simple question.

I am currently working on a product where I want to make 2 part lists in my drawing of the same assembly. The first parts list has to view all the parts that are always delivered with our product, and the second one has to show the optional parts and features that could be delivered with the product.

I want both lists to be categorized the same way (comments, material, name), I want the numbers of the list to be chronological (also I don't want the second parts list to start the numbering at 1) and I want both lists to stay connected with their balloons.

Is there any way this can be done, like adding or removing part links to the list manually?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
graemev
in reply to: ajdegro

Yes there is.  Place the BofM as usual, then double-click on it.  Use the Sort, Renumber, and Filter buttons to modify the list as necessary.  Your balloons will follow the BofM part numbering, so renumber at your discretion.  You can also manually override the values in the fields and also toggle the visibility of specific rows.

As an example, when editing the BofM for a Frame Generator assembly, I will usually sort by "Part Number", turn off the visibility of the skeleton part, then renumber to get proper sequential numbering down the list.  The sort will group like shapes (C-channels, I-beams, etc.) and order them by size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report